Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The gluten made her do it: How going gluten free saved my daughter's mental health - Anchorage Press: Anchorage Press News


The gluten made her do it: How going gluten free saved my daughter's mental health - Anchorage Press: Anchorage Press News
 It wasn’t always like this. After my boy-girl twins were born, I often received compliments on how happy my babies seemed. After about eight months of age, my son stayed the same chill little guy. But in my daughter, I saw a change. At first I thought she must have a slightly more volatile temperament, and that it was only now beginning to show. But after she was a year old, it became apparent that I was dealing with something a little more serious. The slightest thing could set my daughter off—or nothing at all. And when she got upset, it wasn’t like a normal toddler getting upset. She was hysterical. It was like someone had lit her on fire. She screamed, and kept screaming, as though in mortal agony, for as long as two hours at a time.

No comments: